Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Hello

First off, the name of this blog is also the title of a very funny book by an only-recently-discovered college classmate, Linda Jaivin. Please go buy it here, or at your favorite bookseller.

Second, the title describes my outlook fairly well. I am basically an optimist, but my Roman Catholic upbringing tempered with some Jesuit education adds a lovely frisson as guilt and cynicism duke it out for outlook-tempering rights in my daily life.

Third, I've done a lot of stuff, been a lot of places, and like to keep busy doing things rather than writing about them. However, my current situation affords me the luxury of time to respond to numerous requests in the manner of "hey, you should write a blog".

So, what the hell. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment